Contributions to Project RENEW from donors and other benefactors, governments, individuals and institutions large and small, domestic or abroad, play an important role in helping us clean up thousands of ERW.
With your contributions, we can bring a safer, more secure, and brighter future for the people of Quang Tri Province. Specifically, your contributions will help:
• Bring peace of mind to villagers in knowing that where they live is safe, that they no longer have to fear danger from a terrible and unexpected explosion, which is especially important to the children who were born long after the fighting stopped.
• Offer poor and disadvantaged families who often include ERW survivors – victims of tragic accidents who face a lifetime of disability – new confidence that they can rebuild their lives and create a better future for their children.
• Pay the costs of our EOD teams, highly trained Vietnamese technicians who clean up the deadly debris around people’s houses and gardens by safely removing it and destroying it. Continue the clearance tasks of the prioritized sites for resettlement and public welfare projects such as schools, kindergartens, healthcare stations…
• Produce artificial limbs for amputees, to help them walk, to resume many normal activities unassisted.
• Support micro-credit programs, to help victim families earn independent livelihoods.
• Pay for educational materials, teaching aids, and media campaigns to remind thousands of children and adults that they must be careful, they must be responsible – and they must report discoveries of ERW so our EOD teams can move into action and eliminate the threat.
Your contribution is an investment in the future for the people of Quang Tri Province.